My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Monday, June 25, 2007

THIS is what life is all about

What an AMAZING few days we have had! Saturday we braved the "crowed" and went to the Duncan Rib Fest with my parents, Grandma & Grandpa Preister were also there! Charli was bored but handled it well!

Sunday Chad and I thought all day about what we could do to make the day special...finally at 3:00 we decided to load Charli up and take her to Humphrey to visit the baby kitties that she saw a few weeks ago. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen! I can't post all of the pictures, because she was pretty "violent" with them, but I PROMISE that no baby kittens were hurt during her experience, in fact they loved her even more after she loved them so physically! I guess what my brother used to say is true, if you are mean to cats, they love you even more - a bit odd but tested and confirmed!

Today Charli and I went on a nice walk this morning and came back for a short nap. When she woke up we met her Aunt Vicki and three of her boys at the park for a picnic and swing ride! I will post pictures from that later, they are not uploaded yet!

It is such an amazing feeling to know that Charli is not going back for chemo anytime soon. Although, I will admit I do feel like I still have a "monkey on my back" not knowing what is to come in that department. I know that to most people, our fight is over - that is far from true. But, unless you have been in these shoes you don't really know how they feel - and I understand that...and I am sure it appears that way, but trust me when I say that it isn't. And, although we have received great news, it isn't over...it will never be over.

Enjoy the pictures :-)




everyone needs their daily water intake!

and some protein...?


i LIKE kitties!


just sitting and playing in the grass!


swinging in Humphrey

Grandma Preister decorated our house when I came home from the hospital a few weeks ago...such a fun and cute suprise!

MY food! (icky!)


spending the day with daddy on Father's Day

MY DAD IS THE MAN...is yours?


I LOVE BATH TIME!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh...what cute little pictures. She DOES love the kitties, doesn't she. Guess she will say "moew" pretty soon....ha
Glad you had a nice time with Vicki and the boys. MOM

Anonymous said...

If there is one thing that I have learned with Danielle & Zoe and now with you & Charli is that each day is truly a gift...that we need to take the time and live in the moment...to enjoy each and every second we get with our children...to understand how truly blessed we are to have become parents!! Enjoy the day!! Love the new pictures...Charli you are absolutely beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

GLAD 2 HEAR YOU GUYS HAD A WONDERFUL WEEKEND:)I BET IT WAS GREAT 2 GET OUT AND DO SOME FUN THINGS!!! THANKS 4 THE CUTE PICS-WE LOVE SEEING CHARLI-HUGS N KISSES-THE WIDHALM'S

AndreaChad said...

Oh my Gosh....Charli is SO DARN CUTE!!! I love the pic of her and the kitties! Sounds like you are living life to your liking...keep it up! xoxo from Calla to Charli