My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Sunday, June 17, 2007

just to be clear!

I guess I didn't word my post about Friday very well, since I have had many questions about it! Let me try to add to my previous story!

Originally the plan for our family was to go to Omaha Friday, Charli would have the MRI and then later that evening she would continue with three days of chemo - completing her 5th round of therapy. However, once we got there we spoke with a different doctor who did not feel comfortable doing that until the CT scan was done, to obtain more information about her tumor.

The CT machine was down, and we were not able to get an appointment until we came home after her MRI. Charli did not receive chemo this weekend.

We aren't 100% sure what to expect. I assume we will have the test Tuesday and wait for the doctors to look over both tests and decide what is best for the next step. However, I imagine that there is a possibility of staying down Tuesday to continue treatment - but that is not what I am expecting.

Anyway...just thought I better clarify because I have had so many people ask if she handled treatment well this weekend!

Hope to have more info soon - I will post as soon as I can Tuesday.

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day!!!!!


Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! We will hope that Tuesday goes well and you can move on with Charli's 5th round of chemo. You are both very strong parents, it may not seem like it at times, but Charli is very blessed to have such caring hands!!! Hope you had a great Sunday..

Anonymous said...

Well I hope the official scan results will be good! Have a safe trip on Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information Brenda. Wishing you all well on Tuesday and looking forward to hearing about how the appointment goes.

Stacy from Michigan said...

Praying for Charli's Fight and your Strength!!