My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Friday, June 01, 2007

simple things

I think I will probably make another post later today with more quotes, but I wanted to keep this post separate.

Today is a GOOD day. Granted it is only 9:30 in the morning, but you can't have a great day without starting it out right, right?!

Charli woke up (before I was ready) and ate really well. We went to have her blood work done and it looks good (to me!), we came home and she ate some cereal; put her down for a nap and she drank all of her bottle! WOW! That may seem simple to most, but it is a good sign for me! She hasn't been eating like herself this week, and it warms my heart to see some progress...I was in tears as I fed her cereal this morning, she was opening her mouth for it! THANK GOD!

Lately I have been realizing all the simple in life that make the world go around. Babies crying, babies laughing, holding hands, smiles from a friend as they walk out the door after a nice visit, surprise emails from friends and strangers, notes in the mail, posters on the door, phone calls from family, phone calls from friends just to chat, and so much more. And I have also realized that the things that seemed so big to me 4 months ago – aren’t important at all…

Someone said to me in an email yesterday “…there are good days and bad days, but I try to think of them as good days and bad moments…” what a way to live your life, thank you Danielle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IM GLAD 2 HEAR CHARLI IS DOING GREAT:)!!THANKS FOR KEEPING UP W/ EVERYTHING, IT MAKES US FEEL LIKE WE ARE CLOSER TO HOME:)IT MAKES MY DAY TO SEE PICS AND READ ABOUT MY LIL NIECE:)!!WE LUV YA-HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!HUGS N KISSES-THE WIDHALM'S

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenda! I have been thinking about the Preisters a lot and haven't run into you on BF lately...maybe I've just missed you. Anyways, I'm praying for all of you...especially Charli.

Becca
AKA ragarza

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see that you are having a good day and that Charli is eating better. It brings tears to my eyes, also, just to think about her responding, etc. To watch her crawl was so special to me.....still waiting for the day when she can say----"let's go see
G-ma B" Love you all!!