Wednesday, May 31, 2006
It is a good thing the baby's room is decorated in a barnyard theme, maybe our baby will have a better chance at learning the animals in this world.
WHAT WAS I THINKING...I guess I wasn't!!
I will leave my 'little' mistake up, for all to enjoy - even though I could easily 'edit' it...and you would just think my mom is nuts, instead of me. BUT - I won't do that to you mom!!
thanks for still watching over me mommy!!!
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
We went to Colorado for the long weekend to visit Chad's sister in Fountain. We drove down Thursday night, so we could have 'all day' Friday to play.
We both thought the dogs would be horrible on the drive - it was about 9 1/2 hours out there, but because it was dark they did sleep most of the time. They were both welcomed by Jen's cat :-) Poor thing, she had to spend most of our trip in Jen's closet, because they just didn't know how to play nice! They loved it there, her back yard is huge and they got to play outside a lot!
We had a good time, it was a much needed break for the both of us. Chad helped Jen around the yard do some landscaping...planted some flowers, etc. We went to the zoo in Colorado Springs - that is where this picture is from. I think the building we are standing infront off is the "Will Rogers..." something or other! It was quite the jog to get up there, once I was there - I wouldnt even go to the top because it was too high!!
I was dreading the ride home becuase we traveled in the sunlight and I just knew that the boys would be up and peeping out the windows looking at everything. I was wayyyy wrong! They were perfect little boys - slept the entire way, and just relaxed!
Just for fun (and because I know Chad won't know its here) this is a picture of him feeding the camels at the zoo...he was so excited to feed them. There were so many kids that he felt bad stealing their attention from the little ones - but he wanted them to eat from him so badly!! He was cute :-) There was one camel that ignored him, and made him very mad!! But this little guy/girl ate from his hand a time or two!! What a little boy...!!!!!!
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
We got to have our third and final ultrasound, and it was just amazing!!! I will try to post a picture later, the one I scanned in this morning you can't see anything!
Because the baby is much bigger now than at our last u/s it was hard to see things at first, but once you get the image - you can see it very easily! Baby has flipped into birthing position, which I am very happy about!
He/she is a thumb sucker! Baby was sleeping for most of the ultrasound, we could see the eyes flutter from REM sleep the dr. said. (I think I got winked at, but who do you believe?!) We also got a good foot shot, much-much bigger than 10 weeks ago! When the dr. did various measurments he said that the femer measured a little long, so maybe we will have a long baby (like it's daddy!) Also measured the head, seems so big already - now I am scared!
Baby weighs about 3.6 lbs now, seems big to me! If I got full term that would put baby around 8 lbs. But - there is a chance I could be going early...so we will see what life brings us!
We got to hear the heartbeat, that is always fun! I think I could listen to that for hours. I start going back every two weeks, for the next two apointments. Then, I am every week! This will make time go so quickly - hard to imagine but in 7 weeks or so, this little guy/girl could be here.
Start placing your bets...when and what?!?!!!!!
Sunday, May 21, 2006
Chad took this picture on mother's day - I look silly, but you can see how my belly has grown. I think it was the day after I took the picture below.
I think this was probably the last time I will get to wear these jeans! They weren't maternity jeans, just bigger jeans I bought back in February - still doesn't make it any more fun to grow out of your clothes!!
I don't think I mentioned anything about mother's day here...I had a nice mother's day. I wasn't thinking that I qualified, but I must have! I got lots of cards and a few gifts even. I got a flower and lunch (we took Chad's mom out) 1/2 of my meal and free desert at supper (we took my mom out)!
I will post again later this week...we have our next appointment Tuesday, we are going to get another ultrasound! We can't wait to see him/her again!!!!!
This picture (left) is me at 12 weeks...or so.
The other picture (below) is me at 29 weeks. I thought I would compare apples to apples - because these are the same jeans and same tank, just in a different color. Makes me really want to look like I did three months ago!!
Thursday, May 18, 2006
1. What is your due date and the gender of your baby, if you know? 7.30.06 - sex unknown!
3. Do you listen to music for the sake of the baby? not really, but I listen to music ALL the time
4. What was the last thing you ate? ummm....snickers :( --- darn, should have lied
5. When is your next doctor's appt? Tuesday 5.23.06 - ultrasound!!!
6. Will you get to have a 3d/4d ultrasound this pregnancy? no
7. Do you have any pets? yes- two little guys, Wynston & Kapers (see pictures below!!)
8. Do you fear your animal/s will be jealous of the baby? no, but they will be protective I think
9. Do you enjoy being pregnant? yesh, I think I will miss it greatly
10. How many years have you been married or with your sweetheart? 1 1/2 years
11. How old are you? 25
12. Favorite drinks? diet mt. dew, water with lemon
14. What is your hair color? brown, it has really lightened up during pregnancy though
15. How many children do you hope to have? Did you come from a big family, yourself? this is
our first baby, I have two older sisters and an older brother
16. Who cooks more - you or DH? me - but that doesn't mean much!
17. What was the last movie you saw? Larry the Cable guy!
18. What is your favorite day of the week? Friday at 5:01pm
19. What was your favorite toy as a child? probably my cabage patch dolls
21. Favorite baby furniture? crib, makes it all seem more real!
22. What color is your baby's room? sage green, and cream
23. Do you want your baby to come early? yes, but only if he/she is ready and healthy
24. How many people would you like at the birth? probably just Chad
25. Are you feeling the baby kick, punch and kiss you, yet? ye s- all the time!
26. What is the last book you read all the way through? my pregnancy books
27. When was the last time you cried? 5.15.06 - grey's anatomy season finale!
28. How many weeks along were you when you found out you were pregnant? 5
30. What did you do last night? talk to sadie online
31. Do you have a gender preference? no
32. Are you happy in life? yes
33. What is your favorite chocolate to buy and eat? any!! right now I am big into chocolate &
34. What are you afraid of? not being able to see my children grow up to have their own children
35. What will you have in your hospital bag? probably my entire life, I am a major over-packer! clothes for the baby, blanket, etc, boppy, robe, comfy clothes for me, make-up, brush, camera, baby book - we only live 2 minutes from hospital so if I forget something its no big deal!
36. Do you hope to parent like your parents, or do you hope to do a better job? I would say parent like my parents for the most part - I think life is much different now though, so some things will just be different.
38. Whom will you call first after baby is born? my mommy
41. Was your morning sickness bad this pregnancy, and has it passed? it was horrible at the
time, but it could have been worse. it is gone now.
43. What is your favorite thing to bake? I don't really bake much, brownies are easy though!
44. Besides your husband, who was the first person you confided in that you were pregnant?my mommy!
45. Did you have any creative way to tell people that you were pregnant? not really, we made little cards for our family, and had the due date on them. We framed ultrasound pictures for Chad's parents, and gave Chad's sister a bib that said "I love my aunt".
46. What do you value most? my family
48. Have you read to your baby, yet? Chad does - he reads Godlen Rule books, it is adorable!
49. Do you like the way your hair is acting during the pregnancy? not really - but I am bad with my hair!
50. What time do you go to bed, now that you are pregnant? it was 9:00, but now closer to 10:00
51. What is your favorite healthy snack? watermelon
52. Your favorite unhealthy snack? Chocolate-of any kind
53. Hospital or homebirth? Hospital
54. Favorite place to eat out with husband? not a huge selection in columbus....
55. Do you have names picked out? Yes
56. What do you find difficult about pregnancy? right now...putting on my shoes! I have been very lucky, things have been going very well for me
57. What do you love about being pregnant? feeling any kind of movement - it's just amazing!
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
1. I like to chew my food evenly on both sides of my mouth. when eating chips or something, I will eat one group on my left side, then the next group on my right side.
2. when walking up stairs, outside, or pretty much anywhere when i'm by myself i count how many steps i've taken.
3. i use chapstick faithfully - I have it hidden everywhere around the house. chad will try to hide it from me, to throw me off - but I always have a back up!
4. i can't go one day without having a to-do list...at work and/or at home
5. i will not drink water at a restaurant without lemon in it
6. i spay bath and body works air fresherner on my sheets/bed everynight....i like to sleep when the room smells good - chad thinks this is the most odd thing ever...i just think he is wierd for thinking so!!
now...if you read this, you have to reply with your 6 qwirks!!!
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Okay - so here is the dress. PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE PERSON IN IT.
The wedding went well! Amanda looked great! They are in Jamacia now, coming home Sunday.
Baby is doing well - he/she flipped one night lastweek. I had the worst night sleep ever, then the next day all the movement was very high, etc. We will know for sure next week when we have the ultrasound.
Chad's sisters brought lots of baby things to the house lastweek, Chad (and I) were super excited! They got things off of our Babies-R-Us registry like the lamp and cover, night light, mobile, and pillows! Chad was so happy!! He has worked so hard on the baby's room, having these finishing touches is perfect!! They are going to spoil this baby like crazy :)
Not much else to report for now - we will have our third and final ultrasound next Tuesday, so I am sure I will post a picture!! Until then...
PS. Don't make fun of me in this picture :( Chad sure looks good though!!!!
Monday, May 01, 2006
Baby is still breech, but still has plenty of time to flip between now and the end of July. Our next appointment is in three weeks, instead of four. This will make time go much faster, especially with all that is going on this month. We are going to have an ultrasound at the next visit – we can’t wait! The dr. knows we don’t want to find out the sex, so there will be no surprises…because the dr. knows not to even look!!!
Heartbeat was at 137 – the myth would say baby is a boy…but we know it is just a myth! Mom said that my heartbeat made everyone think I was a boy too!
Chad’s sister gets married this weekend, I MIGHT post pictures of me in the dress. The dress itself is really – really cute…just not so sure how a 7 month pregnant women will look in it!! (but no one will be looking at me, so it doesn’t matter!!)
Can’t think of anything else for now…