My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

go west young man....



We went to Colorado for the long weekend to visit Chad's sister in Fountain. We drove down Thursday night, so we could have 'all day' Friday to play.

We both thought the dogs would be horrible on the drive - it was about 9 1/2 hours out there, but because it was dark they did sleep most of the time. They were both welcomed by Jen's cat :-) Poor thing, she had to spend most of our trip in Jen's closet, because they just didn't know how to play nice! They loved it there, her back yard is huge and they got to play outside a lot!

We had a good time, it was a much needed break for the both of us. Chad helped Jen around the yard do some landscaping...planted some flowers, etc. We went to the zoo in Colorado Springs - that is where this picture is from. I think the building we are standing infront off is the "Will Rogers..." something or other! It was quite the jog to get up there, once I was there - I wouldnt even go to the top because it was too high!!

I was dreading the ride home becuase we traveled in the sunlight and I just knew that the boys would be up and peeping out the windows looking at everything. I was wayyyy wrong! They were perfect little boys - slept the entire way, and just relaxed!

Just for fun (and because I know Chad won't know its here) this is a picture of him feeding the camels at the zoo...he was so excited to feed them. There were so many kids that he felt bad stealing their attention from the little ones - but he wanted them to eat from him so badly!! He was cute :-) There was one camel that ignored him, and made him very mad!! But this little guy/girl ate from his hand a time or two!! What a little boy...!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you won't know the difference between a boy or a girl---don't you think that Chad is feeding a giraffe and not a camel----ha.
Must have been in a hurry.
Very cute picture of the two of you. and your trip sounded fun.--G-ma

Anonymous said...

JUSTIN SAID HE WILL SEND U A PIC OF A CAMEL!!!LOL JEN

Anonymous said...

heheh camel.

i was sitting here going. now, brenda, did a camel mate with a giraffe to have something that looked like that or what?

xo
sadie

Anonymous said...

That is really funny. I looked at the picture a dozen times wondering if I was confused on my animals. I was going to give you a hard time, but I see that your family beat me to it!!!

Jen S.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»