My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Saturday, January 12, 2008

thanks!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of who you have sent emails or called since reading last nights posts, your concern is appreciated.

I should have clarified a little better about what made her act that way, just because I know I assumed you did too I guess!!!

Charli received a medication prior to going into to surgery/CT and receiving general anaesthesia. This was primarily to relax her, but also to give her an amnesia affect, so she wouldn't remember going back to surgery, or being scared, etc. Unfortunately, when children do not have enough time between this drug and the general this can happen we were told. The way I took it was that they didn't have enough time to "sleep off" the first drug. I don't really know the best way to explain it.

However, you can rest assured knowing that this was not caused from the general, and this has never happened from sedation. In the future when she goes back for her CT scan only, she will have sedation and we won't have this problem. If she should need to go under general again...we will not be using this "other" drug!

Thanks again for all your concern, I just thought I better shed some more light on it since I wasn't too clear last night.

While I am here, I will let all of you know that Charli slept great last night. She woke up ready to go at 7:00 this morning. She is now eating breakfast, and has decided to share the last few bites of her banana with brothers. Isn't she sweet :-)

I will try to post pictures tonight...but if not tonight, tomorrow! Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad everything has returned to normal. Reactions to medications like that can be very frightening when you experience it with an adult...but with a child who can't relate the problem it had to be extrememly frightening. Give her hugs from us until we see her! Love you all, Grma & Grmpa P