My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Friday, January 04, 2008

relocating

I have been so busy with Charli at nights and just down right exhausted that I haven't mentioned this before, so I am sure many of you already know! But, I am relocating!

I have accepted a new position, and will be changing jobs. Starting on the 14th I will be the new Office Manager for Wiggles and Giggles in Columbus. They are a pediatric physical and speech therapy clinic. They do great things for so many children in the area, I am very excited to be a part of it. I am replacing a lucky mom who is going to stay home with her little boy...good for her! They are part of the hospital, however they are located downtown.

It is sad to leave my current job. I have been with Paraclipse for 2 1/2 years and have meet many nice people here. They were very supportive of our family when Charli got sick and I know it wasn't always easy on them to accommodate our situation, but they always made it work. So, I do have a lot of guilt leaving. Hopefully, they will find my replacement before I leave next week so it won't put anyone out too much. We'll see.

With my new position a few new changes and adjustments will need to be made within our family. I will actually be working Monday thru Thursday 8:30-6:00. This means that Chad is now going to be picking Charli up each night, and will have to work less hours. But those of us who know Chad know that this means he will just go into work at 3:00am now, thus not cutting any hours, just putting in half a day before most of us get out of bed! I am looking forward to having him home each night, and I KNOW he is excited to have the alone time with Charli. I will greatly miss picking her up each night. But, in trade I will have Fridays off! Yay for me :-) I am really looking forward to the new adjusted schedule. So many of her (and my) appointments can be scheduled for Friday's...eliminating the need to take time off as much. (knock on wood)

I truly think this new position will be a good fit for me, and our family. I am looking forward to it. This position will be change from the "sales world" I have been in for the past 5 years or so...but after the year 2007 - I welcome new adventures with good endings!!

Change is good...

3 comments:

AndreaChad said...

Congrats on your new job! How exciting 3 day weekends!!! Good luck, I know you will do well.

Anonymous said...

.......YES!!!!!!!!! CHANGE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!~

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I am so jealous I wish I could have a day with my little boy. Hope Charli starts to feel better and everything goes well with port removal.
kel