My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Friday, January 04, 2008

The Littlest Soldiers

The Littlest Soldiers

The medals on our chests
Are broviacs for meds
Helmets won't stay on
Cause no hair is on our heads,

Our weapons of destruction
We take every day
We fight the battle within us
While we struggle on to play,

We fight with honor and courage
No Marine could do as well
We are only children
Living in this hell,

So bring on the medals
The purple hearts of wars
The gold cross, the silver star
To place upon our scars,

For we are the children of cancer
No one has fought so hard
But every day we struggle on
Our LIFE is our REWARD!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This poem is so precious and true. I am so sorry Charli hasn't been feeling well. I know you know this...but she is in my prayers every day...many times a day. XXOOPP Grma P

Cheryl putnam said...

I wrote this poem as my son was battling cancer over 20 years ago. After multiple relapses, today he is a lovely young man who teaches children. I see this poem everywhere on the web.....our kids are heros