Then, today, Charli seems to be breaking out with a rash of some sort. I am taking her into the pediatric clinic tomorrow to get her checked out. She is not 100% current with her vaccinations, because of chemo, so I want to make sure she hasn't ran into something we need to take care of sooner rather than later.
Okay, we have that taken care of. And, I have "flu" symptoms tonight...does it get any better!!!
This afternoon I planned on making a post about various things I am thankful for, and to show that my list of "thankfulness" is a various list...but it is starting as more of a pity party!!
This afternoon I realized that the major things I am thankful for are:
- my great husband who loves me and lets me love him
- a home to call my own and raise my family
- a family who loves and supports me no matter what I do
- friends who always know how to pick me up, and when to let me be down for a little bit too
- a child who, in my opinion, is unstoppably adorable. To know her is to love her - point blank.
- the health of myself and my family! Sounds funny for those of you who know my family (Chad, Charli, and I). But I know we could be much worse...
These are major things that I think if you ask any person they will say. But I am thankful for so many 'small' things too! I do not want to loose any of the "big" items listed above, but if on a bad day one of those waivers, take a few from the list below and my life is still good!
- hearing Charli giggle after she walks five or six steps with no help
- having two (sometimes stinky!) dogs lick me because they are so happy to see me
- listening to Charli talk to herself as she wakes up, and all she says is "mama" over and over again!
- getting a card in the mail, mixed with the bills
- having someone call that hasn't in a long time, "just to check in"
- seeing a blue bird land on my mailbox
- seeing a funny comerical (the new AXE ones are great!!)
- putting Charli in a new outfit
- getting a surprise phone call from Chad
- a fun email
My list could go on and on. I guess I just wanted to take the time to publicly list what I am thankful for, and give credit where credit is due. God has been so good to me, despite some of the events that have taken place over the past several years. I really do believe the phrase "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it". I don't always know why certain things happen, but I do know there is a great purpose in it all. Sometimes we even think that Chad's accident was to prepare us for this. Whether that is the case or not, we may never know. What I do know is that Chad and I have had tests along the way that have done things for our relationship that some people never experience in a lifetime together. I am not saying it has always been a fun road, but it is the path we are on. I am thankful for the little and the big things daily. A VERY good friend told me to start a little journal and write down one thing each day that I am thankful for - I am religious about doing this...and it is such a good feeling to look back at your day at all the good things, and pick one to remember forever! I recommend everyone do it!
PS. While I was at the dentist Monday Aunt Amanda and Uncle Brad took (good) care of Charli. Everyone had fun, there are a few pictures from their day together below!
Have a great night!!
I LOVE -LOVE - LOVE my books!
trouble is, I always get stuck!