My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

She was sent to rescue me...

This is one of the several very touching songs selected for the video, I thought the words were very touching. I think that both Chad and I, as we look back to the past four months, are shocked at what we went through. At the time, we just did what we had to do. Now that we are choosing to and having to face the past it is harder on us now. It is hard to explain if you haven't been in these kind of shoes - but it is almost like you can't deal with it at the time, you just go on auto-pilot and then later go through all the emotions.

In My Daughter's Eyes Lyrics
Martina McBride

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear

But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes


In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about


It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi i just wanted to say how sorry i am for your little girl and your family, this must be very hard on you, i will keep you in my thoughts and hope that your little prinsess will get well.....

Anonymous said...

I find your story truly inspiring and am moved to tears.I hope you will have many happy years with your daughter.Please stay strong you are in our hearts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that charli had to go to the ER. She is such a strong girl...things will be FINE!!! As ALWAYS...the "Preister's" will be in our prayers! It sounds like her birthday party is going to be very special! A special party, for a SPECIAL beautiful little girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Charli isn't feeling good. Hope everything goes well in Omaha. You are guys are in are prayers. Just wanted to cry when i read that charli was in the ER, when she was just fine last week. Hope she has a wonderfull birthday party can't wait to hear how it goes and see more pics of beautifull Charli. Good luck again.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

We are getting ready to head out of town for an extended weekend. I never knew turning 36 could be so wonderful...to know that I am sharing a birthday with such an amazing little girl... a fighter...a survivor!! Thank you for making each day brighter. Happy Birthday Charli...the world is blessed to have you!

Anonymous said...

We just wanted to drop a note and wish Charli a Happy 1st Birthday! I can't believe taht she is 1 yr old already! We think and pray for you guys often. All is well here, we can't wait for our little one to meet the Preisters!

Love
Brian, Gina, Brittany and Gavin

Anonymous said...

Hello. I recently found your blog online and over the past two days have read everyword, starting at the beginning. My daughter has NB, too - she is currently 19 and a half months old, and she was diagnosed at the end of February.
Her story is very similar to Charli Ann's. Your daughter is so beautiful and so strong, as is my own. I am in constant awe of this wonderful being in my life.
Every emotion you have had about your journey has been mirrored in me and my husband.
If you would like to chat about chemo, progress, or anything, you can e-mail me at deleriumk@yahoo.com.

God bless Charli Ann and the entire family.
Katrina