My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Monday, July 20, 2009

quick Landon update

Please keep the family in your prayers Tuesday. Landon will be having surgery some time Tuesday morning, a time has not been given.

Landon's left kidney has been completely destroyed from the cancer so it will be removed in full. He will also have a port placed so that when he heals he can start chemotherapy...around 18-24 weeks of treatment.

Now that they know what is going on and have a treatment plan I know that things will start to look up for them, as much as they can when your baby has cancer, but please keep them in prayer. This is probably (and I hope) the toughest battle they have to face as a family and as individuals...it isn't easy but it is something they will beat and overcome...they just need a lot of support, hope, faith, and love. So many of you have been sending notes of concern for them, and they are strangers to you...that is the amazing thing about the human spirit - we just come together when we need to and I thank you for that. Courtney has been an amazing friend to me.

Thank you to all who have put Landon on your prayer list, circle, and chains - I can feel the power of prayer working for him already. He is such a tough kid, Eric and Courtney - he gets that from you I hope you know!!

I will post updates as I know them. I know in my heart and soul that he will be okay...it will be a journey, but he will prevail!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda you are right is it fate, irony or crappy luck...no matter what it is what a great friend and support she will have in you! They do have some waiver services in Iowa that she could check into..they are a bit different than Nebraskas...They are in my thoughts! Jen Calahan

AndreaChad said...

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

But you Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the one who lifts my head high. Psalm 3:3

Prayers to you Brenda and the family as well today.