My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

timing is everything

Someone sent me a great email today, and this was attached - it speaks for itself...I think we could all take this advise at some point or another.


A lecturer when explaining stress management to an audience raised a glass of water and asked:

"How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g.

The lecturer replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter.

It depends on how long you try to hold it.

If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem.

If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm.

If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance.

In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I ! hold it, the heavier it becomes."

He continued,

"And that's the way it is with stress management

If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later,

as the burden becomes increasingly heavy,

We won't be able to carry on. "

"As with the glass of water,

You have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again

When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden "

So, before you return home tonight, put the burden of work down

Don't carry it home.

You can pick it up tomorrow.

Whatever burdens you're carrying now,

let them down for a moment if you can.

So, my friend, why not take a while to just simply RELAX.

Put down anything that may be a burden to you right now.

Don't pick it up again until after you've rested a while

Life is short.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very, very, very true! i think this applies to everyone! like it says...leave work at work...and pick it up tomorrow!!!:) ~amanda

Anonymous said...

Why not just turn the burden over to God to carry for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Good advice...thanks for the reminder. Think I'll go relax now...hope you do the same...when you can ;o) Grm P