My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Monday, April 16, 2007

There is a lot to think about, not a lot to worry about!

The phrase in the title was said by a father of four who passed away from cancer. Their family was featured on Extreme Home Makeover. I am sure I didn’t get the quote exactly right, but you get the point!

We went to Omaha on Friday for round two Charli’s expect eight treatments. Let me tell you that walking into the cancer clinic for the first time is something I will never forget. You walk into a room where suddenly everyone that surrounds you understands you, and knows what is ahead of you. Although we didn’t see any children Charli’s age we did see them all ages – probably from age 3-16. These kids sit and play video games while they receive their treatments, play jinga while having their vitals taken, etc. It is just what they do. They are not going to let ‘this’ interrupt what they are doing! What a motto for life, huh?!

We waited for just over three hours before being admitted into the hospital side. It is all a waiting game, it could be 30 minutes or it could be all day – each time will be different I imagine.

On a good note – the doctor is pleased by the amount of ‘progress’ Charli is already showing. We are going to push back the MRI until after the 4th cycle. Originally this was planned for sometime in the next two weeks or so. We were able to bring Charli home less than 24 hours after treatment. She is very tired and is not eating the best, but we experienced that last time and are not surprised. But, when she plays she PLAYS! We will continue to give her the same shot we did last time for about 7 days or so. And now we will give her an antibiotic twice a day for the next 9 months or so, this is given orally though – so no shot there! This is to reduce her risk of getting pneumonia.

Let’s see…what else? Charli is cutting her SECOND tooth! You can barely see the second one, but the top one is pretty visible now! Charli likes to stand again! She is gaining strength in her legs and will do it for longer periods of time now! She is also tolerating being up on ‘all fours’ again! When she was feeling better she would rock and try to scoot!

I can’t think of anything else! Oh…Charli tried a few new foods this weekend – watermelon, pudding, and pineapple. AND – she liked all three of them!!

All for now :-)


These are my PJ's - a little big, yes!

My first chemo! This was donated by www.headhuggers.org (if any of you have this talen I ask that you consider donating some time and some hats to this organization!)


Daddy is the proud owner of this shot! I could be the poster child for a "BABY DEERE" line!


Just another night hanging out with daddy!!

The Easter bunny brought me this dress...I think it is so cute, I can't wait to wear it again!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting an update about your weekend in Omaha! Sounds like everything went well and that's great that the Dr. saw some progress, already! The pics of Charli are just so adorable, I want to squeeze her!! :)
-HUGS- Courtney

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Thanks for letting us know how your treatment went. We are all gratefull to hear the word 'progress', it made my mom's outlook toward the remaining treatments so much better. I can't wait to see you guys on the 29th! GO Charli!!!

AndreaChad said...

PROGRESS....what a wonderful word!!! We here are Cheering for Charli and look forward to seeing you the 29th!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

IM GLAD CHARLI IS DOING GR8T W/ TREATMENT:)WE CANT WAIT 2 SEE LIL CHARLI BEAR AND YOU AND CHAD ON THE 29TH!!WE HAVE SOME GIFTS 4 HER THAT HAVE BEEN SITTIN HERE 4 AWHILE:) LOVE YA , JEN N JUSTIN N JR. TALK 2 U SOON:))!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was so surprised to hear that you and Charli were already home from Omaha. Thanks for keeping us updated and continuing with the interesting tidbits and wonderful pictures! It must be good news that she is playing again and trying to stand. Love you! AJ

NB Warrior said...

I love the pictures! She is too cute! I hope this round goes well and when they do the MRI after the 4th round they will see a amazing results.

I will contine to pray for your little Charli and for both you and Chad.

You two are amazing! =)

Cindy said...

I'm so glad to hear that Charli continues to do so well. I love all your pictures. What a happy girl she is! So very sweet. I know you are so proud! Much love, Cindy

Unknown said...

Brenda,

You left a comment on my Cancer Mom blog. Feel free to use the post as you wish.

You can e-mail me at
denboo2000 AT yahoo DOT com

Best wishes for a successful fight against this terrible disease. Sounds like your little Charli is a fighter.

Cheers,
Faye