My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Count your blessings.

The unthinkable has happened. One of Chad's cousins, Todd, lost his life this weekend, the younger brother of one of our good friends, Joey. Such a young life, around 18 years old. Please say a prayer for Todd's family that is left behind to grieve their loss and celebrate his life. No one should have to deal with something like this, it makes the world seem a bit "unfair" sometimes. I ask that you take a few minutes to pray for them, as they have a long road ahead of them.

When something like this happens I think we take extra time to realize how precious life is, how careless we can be with our own choices and how much we take for granted in ourselves and in others. It is terribly sad that it takes something like this to make us all slow down a bit. What is even more sad, is that our gratitude doesn't seem to last long.

There really is no graceful way to make the switch from talking about something so tragic to talking about something so precious.

Charli has been so cute the past few days - not necessarily cuter than normal...but I have been staying home this week (daycare is on vacation!!) so I have been able to see more of her again...which I LOVE! Enjoy the pictures...I enjoyed taking them!


i'm always chasing a dog!!

who is the funniest girl of them all?!


mom says I look "SO CUTE" in this dress her friend sent me!


daddy calls me a "bottle calf", but I don't get it??!


the cutest employee they'll ever get...ME!!!!!!!!! (but mommy says NO, I can't go to work with daddy!!!!)


me BEFORE spaghetti!

after spaghetti!!!

i LOVE shoes!!!



vrrroom - vrroom, chasing Kasper!



WOW, look at the rain mom!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if Charli was walking so I am so pleased to hear she is. Thanks for the wonderful pictures.
My sympathy in the death of Chad's cousin. Was it a car accident? Just when you think the family has had enough another sad thing happens. Yes, I will say a prayer for the family and especially for your family. Nell

Anonymous said...

AWWW!!!! those pictures were so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad to see that she likes spagetti!!! (that's my favorite meal!) thanks for sharing the pictures! You know, we see her all the time, but it still makes me miss her so much when i see the pictures of her doing such cute things! can't wait to see her later today!~amanda & brad

NB Warrior said...

Please tell Chad that I am so sorry for the loss of his cousin.

So Miss Charli is walking??? You know who is STILL being lazy about the whole thing. He just wants to crawl every where. Now we are just trying to get him to walk by taking his hand and letting him walk next to us so he gets used to it. We'll see how that idea goes!! hehehe

BTW, I finally posted about Coins 4 Kids, sorry it took me so long! =) I stole some of the things you wrote about it. Tried to write some of my own as well. =)

Hope you had a great weekend..... Oh yeah... we have an appointment on Wednesday with the docs. I'll let you know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for thinking of the Preister Family This week as we go through a very tough time.

Also Charli is getting so big and so cute. She looks so healthly I can't Beleive she is that big. Well Take care And God Bless.
Sarah Bernt

Sheila Ferrell said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your cousin, Chad. May God be with your family and may you feel His grace. Praying for you in South Texas.

Shevy said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Chad's cousin. I'll keep them all in my prayers!

Thanks for the new pictures! I love all the silly things our girls do! Can you have Charli come teach Ky how to walk? She's getting heavy!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about Chad's cousin. I will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

LOve the new pictures. Kaitlyn isn't quite walking yet, but she can roar like a lion. Very funny!

Love to you all,
Kim

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this news Brenda. Thanks for the reminder that life is so precious and to count our blessings each day.

On a separate note, could Charli be ANY CUTER???
XOXO
Courtney

Anonymous said...

CUTE PICTURES- WE CANT WAIT 2 SEE YOU ALL IN A FEW WEEKS-I LUV THOSE CHUNKY LIL LEGS SHE HAS:)HAVE A GREAT DAY-WE LOVE YA ALL~THE WIDHALM'S~XO XO XO

Anonymous said...

Charli is growing up so fast!! I am sorry to hear about the loss of Chad's cousin. My thoughts and prayers are with you in these hard times. Just give that Ms Charli lots of hugs and kisses!!

Deqlan said...

what GORGEOUS pics - I love the spagetthi one - im sorry to hear about the loss - I shall definitely keep them in my prayers .
Charli looking great Brenda! Enjoy the time with her! Thanks for all the prayers and ours continue for gorgeous Charli
God Bless
Samm