My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Saturday, November 13, 2010

brrr!

Thursday was my last day at Wiggles - what a sad, sad day that was! My boss walked in with flowers and I literally turned my body and cried a little! I didn't really even acknowledge them, because I was trying to ignore it! I kept super busy, which helped, but also left me feeling bad about things left undone! That night we all went out to eat and shared some good conversations, and hugs! I know I will see them all again, etc - but it won't be the same! For the past three years I have spent more time with them, than my husband and kids...so it stands to reason that I feel a little "empty" knowing all I will miss out on. We shared everything from parenting stories (the good, the bad, and the ugly), husband stories (again...the good, the bad, and the ugly!!), and just life! These girls have changed who I am, will they ever know?!!

Having said all of that, I am excited to start my new job on Monday!!

a few pictures are a little out of order, sorry!


I actually took this picture AFTER the picture below! Checking for belly buttons may seem like a simple task, but not everyone in this house has one, so we all need to check from time to time and see if we still have ours! :-)

Charli is such a good sport!

it was very hard for Charli to let Harper put these on incorrectly!


Saturday night these two ran around the house deer hunting! I post this one because you will notice that Harper has the pink one! I am not sure if he picked it, or if it was left for him...but either way - it does not surprise me!








it looks like they are sword fighting, but they are not! Charli had her gun on her shoulder and she marched around the house, and harper followed her like a little puppy! (which, is one of his favorite past times right now - acting like a puppy!)





pretty GIRLY hair! She NEVER wants me to put a pony in, but I bribed her with food. She got the food, and took the pony out. Figures.



I was kind of hoping his blue eyes would have been colored in this picture, but I guess they weren't the right color!!




I received the booklet of our Heroes of Hope story. All the Hero's from 2011 are featured in a book to share with family and friends!


the beautiful flowers from the girls! Several are opening up tonight, so I bet they stay beautiful for a long time!! The girls also got me an amazing quote to hang in my new office and a BAG full of new FUN office supplies! these girls know me :-)



cozy-comfy!

he thinks he is so tough with these dinosaur noses, or a mask on! He had this on for about 30 minutes Friday night!




my friend, and old college roommate, Debi! A friend from college had a concert in town so many of us were able to attend. It was a GREAT show, and so nice to see people I haven't seen in years!! Google Daniel Christian...he is a great entertainer! (and when he is ubber famous I will remind everyone that I knew him before he was ubber famous AND I sang with him in college :-). And Dan...I am prepared to whip out a few other details that Entertainment Tonight may pay me for...just sayin'!!
this is a great upper body workout! We rode in this diaper box for about 20 minutes Saturday night!



she's got style *she's got grace * she's got super model written all over her face!



i like that he likes to clean! He kept digging his halloween socks out last weekend, which is why he matches so well!



his futures so bright, he's gotta wear shades!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you and Debi together the other night............also the rest of the Chorale gang. What an important part of your life that was and yet it was such a short span.
Can't believe how Harper is changing so fast........seems like he is growing up faster than Charli did............guess she is teaching him stuff!! You are blessed !!

Good luck with your new job and your new responsibilities. You can handle it!!!
Mom

Dan said...

I'll have my people pay your people to keep the evidence quiet and outta sight ;-)

So great to see everyone. Let's do it again!