My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Cookies for Kids' Cancer

The Band of Parents (who are doing the cookies I have talked so much about the last few days) had their story featured on CNN - a great way to raise awareness to the much needed disease.

Please check out the story, and pass the link along to others. In this story you will be able to match a name with a face...with the terrible disease. You will also see a mom, who like me, can tear up at the simple thought of how truly amazing it is to be a mom - and appreciate all its glory.

This disease has taken a lot away from a lot of people, but it also brings a sense of appreciation that many don't have. For that, I will always be grateful.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Brenda,

Wow, our daughters are so close in many ways, Mackenzie's DOB is 7/31/06 and she was dx on 4/17 and is also stage III, Mackenzie's risk is intermediate, what is Charli's? Mackenzie has Horner's syndrome due to the primary tumor being in her neck, does Charli have Horner's syndrome? I do see you on the acor list serve at times, I usually just read everyones posts, and they are very informative. My biggest fear right now is relapse, it tears me apart when I read what other children are going thru.

I am praying for continued NED status for our girls and Mackenzie's friend Madelyn Bell too.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Michelle Westfall

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda-
I just watched this video, what a great way to promote and raise awareness to this disease. Thank you for sharing this and posting the link!
Hugs-
Courtney