My photo
What started out as a site to update on our daughter's cancer has thankfully grown into a site to update on our beautiful family of four. Enjoy our journey...

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Relay #2 of 2009!

We went to our second Relay For Life of 2009 last night in Norfolk for Madison County! I had never been to their event and I wanted to see how another county like ours did things! It made me nervous for our big day in four weeks and super excited to see how it goes!! Also anxious because the baby will be here by then!!

My mom and nephew, along with a friend, came to walk with us...which was so nice!!

I got to walk the survivor lap with Charli, which...will that EVER not be emotional?!! The American Cancer Society is the "official" sponsor of birthdays so everyone sang "happy birthday" to the survivors, and I held back the tears. The simple thought of knowing she has more birthdays coming up BECAUSE she is a survivor is a concept I had never really thought about. How powerful is that though, not sure I will ever look at singing her happy birthday the same again!! We did the walk which I managed to do dry eyed - and then did the caregiver lap with our family who came with!

After a few laps Charli was tired, and I was too!! She ran out of steam and needed me to give her a piggyback ride, so "baby" was acting up in jealousy I imagine and was ready for me to be done for the day!!!

It was another neat experience, and I truly encourage ALL of you to go find a Relay to attend this year. It is hard to explain, you just have to experience it.

Have a great weekend!!



Charli before the Relay....




Bryant and Charli - silly face picture (Charli's idea, thanks for playing along Bry!!)

Bry and Charli, nice picture :-)





2 comments:

Sheila Ferrell said...

Those are the cutest pictures of Charli and Bryan. I can't tell who admires who the most, they both seem to be in love with each other.
I pray for your family daily and for the new blessing soon to arrive. I wonder what Charli is going to think of being a big sister.
I can't wait for you next update. Take care and God bless you all.
Love, hugs and baby butterfly kisses from South Texas, Sheila

Grma and Grmpa Preister said...

I can't believe how much Charli looks like her mommy when she smiles/laughs naturally (as in the "nice" picture of Bry and her) She is growing up so fast! Looking forward to our Relay coming up! XXXOOO